These audio guidelines are set by the music platforms, so please read them carefully to make sure your release goes smoothly.
Any audio files you upload must:
- Be at least 16-bit (44100 Hz or higher) studio-quality stereo WAV or MP3 files.
- Be complete recordings that do not contain snippets or segments of tracks that cut off abruptly or partway through the recording.
- Not include more than 5 seconds of continuous silence at any point.
If you need to convert your music to the correct format, the simplest way is to use iTunes.
- Launch your audio file in iTunes.
- Select 'preferences' in the top menu, followed by 'import settings'.
- Change this to ‘WAV Encoder' and the following settings: 16 bit (sample size), 44.1 kHz (sample rate), 1411 kbps (bitrate).
This will convert your files to the best format.